Author Topic: PM6 & MacOS Sonoma  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: PM6 & MacOS Sonoma
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2023, 04:15:11 PM »
The fellow in this video found some success by finding the droplets in Finder and opening them (once) specifically through right-click and then they would work fine after that.  Hard to say if your issue is the exact same, but might be worth a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCsF2egTT4Y

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline tsdevine

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2023, 04:56:38 PM »

The droplets work fine....I can run them.   But they are grayed out in PM.   I don't think this is an issue with the droplet, I think it's something where PM is disallowed, or thinks it's not allowed to run them.

Offline tsdevine

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2023, 05:34:16 PM »

I guess for now I'll just drag the photo from PM to the droplet, added it to the dock at the bottem.

Offline jrp

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2023, 02:22:09 PM »
Apple's business model is intended to incentivise everyone to upgrade (remember the days when you had to pay for OS upgrades?) and so for developers to need to support fewer OS versions accordingly.  If 90% of your users are on the latest and greatest, that's where you should put your development effort.  Beta versions of each release are available for months in advance of full public release so that developers can test their products and remove bugs before the new OS version goes mainstream.

So it is a bit sad for developers to advise not moving to the latest OS because they don't seem to be able to get with the programme, if you pardon the pun.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2023, 02:56:29 PM »
If 90% of your users are on the latest and greatest, that's where you should put your development effort. 

We absolutely do our best do fix issues introduced by the new operating systems before the public release of that operating system or as quickly as possible after we discover them. Unfortunately, that does not change the fact that the releases of the OS that come out later in the cycle tend to be more stable than releases early in the cycle. Kirk was not saying that we don't make an effort to fix these issues, his suggestion is rooted in past experience: Despite those months that the OS is in beta, major issues still end up finding their way into the public releases: just this year, an early, public (non-beta) build of iOS 17 completely broke uploading over FTP while using your phone as a hotspot. While we're obviously not an iOS app, this problem certainly affected our users and we got many emails from people who believed that FTP uploading was broken in Photo Mechanic. People that remained on iOS 16 were not affected by this issue, but folks who did experience this needed to wait several weeks for an iOS update that fixed the problem.