Author Topic: PM6 & MacOS Sonoma  (Read 2284 times)

Offline ahmedphotos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6 & MacOS Sonoma
« on: September 26, 2023, 02:51:08 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has upgraded to the latest Mac OS Sonoma and whether PM6 is running fine. Trying to hold out for as long as possible before upgrading!

Thanks.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: PM6 & MacOS Sonoma
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 02:56:21 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has upgraded to the latest Mac OS Sonoma and whether PM6 is running fine. Trying to hold out for as long as possible before upgrading!

Thanks.
So far the only known issue with Sonoma was only with Photo Mechanic Plus and was resolved with the update we released last week. If you encounter any issues after updating to Sonoma, please let us know.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 03:09:04 PM »

I suggest waiting to upgrade to macOS Sonoma until Apple releases a few updates at the very least.  There can be all sorts of other issues unrelated to PM that may cause you pain.

-Kirk

Offline ahmedphotos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 12:42:26 AM »
Thanks Kirk, was going to hold out until a couple of updates just to be safe. Appreciate the message.

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 08:26:02 AM »
I wish I hadn't uploaded Sonoma, rather waited several months before doing it. It has caused me lots of problems, first with Pages and now some odd things are happening with Photo Mechanic. At a job, I ingested images (locked only), captioned them and FTP'd them away in the first half of a game. In the second half for reasons that I cannot explain, the ingested images took on the last caption that I wrote in the first half. The other odd thing is in the Ingest IPTC. "City" is checked but it does not appear in the IPTC of Ingested photos.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 09:16:50 AM »
Mike,

I wish I hadn't uploaded Sonoma, rather waited several months before doing it. It has caused me lots of problems, first with Pages and now some odd things are happening with Photo Mechanic. At a job, I ingested images (locked only), captioned them and FTP'd them away in the first half of a game. In the second half for reasons that I cannot explain, the ingested images took on the last caption that I wrote in the first half. The other odd thing is in the Ingest IPTC. "City" is checked but it does not appear in the IPTC of Ingested photos.

It is unlikely that any of those issues are specific to macOS Sonoma.  If you can tell us how to reproduce any of those issues with a current build of Photo Mechanic 6, please let us know.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 11:30:17 AM »
The Apple tech told me that Pages would work in 24 hours after I called and it did start working again but it was after 48 hours. As for reproducing the issue I don't think I can, especially the Ingest caption change. BUt if I can I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks, Mike

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2023, 11:34:19 AM »
Kirk, the "City" not appearing on Ingest just happened again. What do you need from me?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2023, 11:46:31 AM »
Kirk, the "City" not appearing on Ingest just happened again. What do you need from me?
Please give us a call at +1-503-547-2800 and you can walk us through your process to reproduce the issue.

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2023, 11:52:13 AM »
As usual Kirk was right. It wasn't a PM or Sonoma problem it was the Save Dialogue box from Camera Raw which had Remove Location Info checked so essentially a "me" problem. Regardless thanks for your help.

I suspect the other issue was also me somehow but I have no idea how and that problem is a first.

Offline tsdevine

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2023, 08:38:55 AM »

I'm running the latest 6 Plus and upgraded to Sonoma.   My droplets are now grayed out, can't figure out how to get them working again.   I assume it's something security related.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2023, 10:13:28 AM »

I'm running the latest 6 Plus and upgraded to Sonoma.   My droplets are now grayed out, can't figure out how to get them working again.   I assume it's something security related.
I'm not sure why your droplets would be grayed out or what security setting would be impacting this. If you put your droplets in a different location and then change the location in Photo Mechanic's Preferences, does the issue persist?

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2023, 11:43:21 AM »
I occasionally work with PS droplets, and there has always been a struggle between Apple and Adobe to get them to work through the various updates.   There are a couple of older suggestions here that have worked for me in the past. I have no idea if they will help with your current issues but perhaps...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/droplets-created-under-macos-10-14-not-working/td-p/11175592

Summary of the two methods:

A) Make sure to give droplets Full Disk Access in Settings/Security

or

B) use xattr to bypass gatekeeper...  this is potentially risky, so use with caution, have a current time machine backup, etc.

Searching for the issue in those Adobe forums may give you other avenues to explore.

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2023, 01:20:26 PM »
All of my previous Droplets from my older Macs are grayed out with the slash-circle on my Sonoma iMac. I was able to create a new Droplet in Photoshop 24 and send the selected images to it from Photo Mechanic. The first time you send the selected images to the Droplet, the Sonoma GateKeeper app will complain about an unknown file creator and suggest you move it to the Trash. Just Cancel the dialog and go to the System Settings -> Privacy & Security to Allow the Droplet to be opened. Now you should be able to use your new Droplet without any issues. See my screen shot of Photoshop's Create Droplet dialog. It will save a new adjusted jpeg to my Processed folder, using the original filename.

Best regards,

--Bob

Offline tsdevine

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2023, 03:22:40 PM »
My Droplet was created in Automator, basically to set EXIF on images taken with my manual lenses.   Are you saying if I recreate it again in Automator...it will magically ask me the first time I try to use it?

I did create a droplet in Photoshop 24.  I did have the dialog to come up, cancelled, allowed it in privacy and security.   It's now runnable....but it is also grayed out in PM.

So the droplets work....no issues.   Just grayed out in PM.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 04:55:30 PM by tsdevine »