Author Topic: Time Variables getting extra characters before AM/PM on MacOs 14  (Read 573 times)

Offline Gary D.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
This week I updated BOTH PM6+ to 6856 and my iMac to MacOs 14. 
 Im seeing extra characters when I use time variables on the contact sheet or image info.
They are appearing between the seconds and the AM/PM suffix.
Ive attached a screen shot of both my Set Info Text Config as well as the output showing the extra characters.

I did try reinstalling pm6 6784 and the characters showed up there so Im guessing its a MACOS issue
But I don't see those char when I view the metadata using exiftool (only shows military time so no am/pm)  Lightroom cc or Affinity Pro
Thanks
Gary

Current setup
Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6856 (e57a46a)

iMac Info
macOS 14.0
iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021)
Chip. Apple M1
Memory 16 GB

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Time Variables getting extra characters before AM/PM on MacOs 14
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 03:42:46 PM »
Hi Gary,

This is a known issue with Photo Mechanic's time variable, {time}, on Sonoma. There are 2 solutions until this problem is fixed. 

If you want to use the 12 hour time, then use  {time:0,8} {time:-2,2}  in place of the existing {time} variable. This will leave a comma after the second, for the single digit hours.

If you want to use the 24 hour time, then use the following variables  {h24}:{min}:{sec}   in place of the existing {time} variable.

Best regards,

--Bob

Offline Gary D.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 04:49:54 AM »
Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 09:10:06 PM »
This cosmetic/display issue has been fixed in build 6880.  You can read more about the new build here: https://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=15887.0

-Kirk