Author Topic: Catalog refreshes search each time the catalog window loses/regains focus  (Read 925 times)

Offline treyneal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
This one has me stumped a bit.
Catalog view, on the Browse panel, selecting images that are unrated.  This returns a large collection of images (>287,000).  I begin scrolling through looking for images to review again.

Select an image, choose to Edit (in Photoshop for instance) and when I return to the PM Catalog window and scroll through and try to select a subsequent image further through the large browse window, PM will initate a "Searching catalog for" items that match my current Browse session.  The result is that I am then returned back to the last file that I had clicked on and the browse window always places that last file in the top row of the window.  After PM has refreshed the search I can then proceed to select any image without the behavior repeating.  This only occurs once the PM window has lost focus - just switching from typing this post to review the message will generate the refresh/return to previously selected image - and then clicking back on the PM window giving it back focus.  The workaround is to always click on the last file first then make further selections.  Otherwise a long scroll past that last selected image will scroll you right back to it.

Mac Pro 2019
Ventura 13.5.2

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Uncheck the "Rescan on resume" checkbox on the Contact Sheet page of the Preferences dialog in Photo Mechanic Plus.

-Kirk

Offline treyneal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I like it when it's easy but hate that I missed that setting!

Offline andrew.welch

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Wow this turned my PM+ from a steaming pile of non-responding junk into actually something usable. I found that every time i switched context out and back from PM that it would freeze up to 30 seconds on both MacOS and Windows.