Author Topic: Rename Photos no longer working  (Read 321 times)

Offline DonN

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rename Photos no longer working
« on: October 06, 2023, 03:14:14 PM »
Hi all,
Has anyone else had the Rename Photos function stop working?
Here's my renaming string: {datesort}_{timesortdash}_{dow3}_dailies
When I open the rename photos dialog, it shows "Please sequence or use another renaming variable" below the photo renaming field.
The OK button is greyed out, so I can't rename the files.
Also, I just noticed that when I click on the Variables option in the Rename Photos dialog box, nothing happens. I thought this used to open up a page with all the variable options...

My environment is Windows 11 and I'm using Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6856

Offline MNeipris

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Rename Photos no longer working
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 04:04:17 PM »
In regards to the "Please sequence or use another renaming variable" warning message when {timesortdash} is used in the renaming string, this is a bug.

You can use {timesort} or {time} and the renaming operation will continue.

If a duplicate filename is created (IE: when two or more photos have the same seconds value), then the renaming resolution method in Preferences-->Files is used.

A bug report has been submitted.

In regards to the Variables window not appearing, the window should appear in it's last known location on the screen. Did you previously have a second monitor connected that is now turned off but still connected to the computer? If you disconnect any unused external monitors, does the Variables window appear?