Author Topic: IPTC info dialogue: remember cursor's last field  (Read 890 times)

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
IPTC info dialogue: remember cursor's last field
« on: October 09, 2023, 05:39:28 AM »
Hi all,
I am entering a lot of BIB-numbers using the IPTC data dialogue.
Some BIS cannot be seen even using ALT-Z for magnification. I have to leave the window, zoom the image to 100% to identify the bib, re-open the IPTC Info window and have to set the cursor back to the field here I put it before.
I would like the option to either have a "remember the field where the cursor was last in" or to set where the cursor jumps to when opening the IPTC-data window.
Sven
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC info dialogue: remember cursor's last field
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 12:58:09 PM »
Hi Sven,

Thank you for the suggestions. Currently the cursor is always in the top field when the IPTC Info dialog is opened. You can just move the Bib number field to the top so the cursor will always be in that field when opening the Info dialog. Just go to the Accessibility preference page and click the Metadata (IPTC) Info button on the left. Locate the field you use for the Bib numbers and then click and drag it to the top. Click the OK button to save the changes.

You might also try using the Preview window with the Zoom tool enabled ( z shortcut ). If 100% magnification is too close, use the - (minus) key to go to 75% or maybe 50%.  Now open the IPTC Info dialog.  When you Save and advance in the Info dialog, the Preview will also update with the same zoom level on the next image.

Best regards,

--Bob

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Re: IPTC info dialogue: remember cursor's last field
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 09:03:21 PM »
Thanks Bob,
works perfectly.
Sometimes the BIB is too small (worn sideways, etc) in the preview (even zoomed) so I have to see the image full screen.
But I can live with that.

After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.