Author Topic: Full sync and date stamps in resulting collection  (Read 466 times)

Offline a_mumford

• View Profile
Full sync and date stamps in resulting collection
« on: October 13, 2023, 12:33:08 PM »
I must be missing something basic here:

When I do a full sync I end up a collection that has entries for either new or missing.

My confusion is that the date stamp next to say the 7033 New items in my screenshot doesn't seem to refer to any real location - I had thought that they would be the folders containing the "New" or "Missing" items - what does that date refer to ?

Thx

Andrew Mumford.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Full sync and date stamps in resulting collection
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 12:46:08 PM »
It sounds like there was supposed to be a screenshot with this post and I'm not seeing one, but that date should be referring to the time that the sync was performed.

Offline a_mumford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 01:31:57 PM »
So sorry - multitasking ...

That does not seem to be the case - the dates go all the way back to 2021 - Is it that PM+ retains a record of all the sync's performed - is that what I'm seeing and not understanding ?

Thx

Andrew Mumford

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 01:49:47 PM »
Those are the dates are when those syncs were done. The 7033 items in the Sync from 2022-07-02 were the items that were added on that sync. Photo Mechanic makes a collection and appropriate sub-collections for each sync that you do with the option to make those collections turned on. The section on "automatic collections to create" in the Catalog Sync documentation talks more about those options: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001161171-catalog-sync

Offline a_mumford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 03:43:05 PM »
Thank you for clarifying.