Author Topic: Initializing PMP  (Read 591 times)

Offline debrown

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Initializing PMP
« on: October 16, 2023, 08:11:23 PM »
i am running Sonoma 14.0 on a 2019 MacBookPro, but have the same problem on previous OS Versions.  When I initialize PMP it appears to hang for a considerable time but then eventually loads after providing the following information:  "one of PMP's subsystems failed to initialize. This may indicate an initialization issue [DYN_Window_Exception].  It then continues to load but warns of possible problems using catalog features.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Initializing PMP
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 01:05:34 PM »
For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline kim

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 12:42:30 AM »
I have the same problem on my Mac Mini 2018 and my MacBook Pro 2023 both with Ventura 13.5.2. Was there a solution to the problem?
Kim.

Offline RogerB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 03:00:36 AM »
Are you using an anti-virus program with real time scanning?  If so, try excluding Photo Mechanic Plus.app from the real time scan, that might solve it.

If you're not using an anti-virus program or excluding photo mechanic plus doesn't solve the problem for you, then contact suppoprt as Kirk suggests above. 

Offline kim

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 03:43:25 AM »
I live in Denmark, so when there are working hours in California, I sleep. Perhaps the original questioner has received an answer he wants to pass on.
Kim

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 09:48:27 AM »
I live in Denmark, so when there are working hours in California, I sleep. Perhaps the original questioner has received an answer he wants to pass on.
Kim

They have not contacted us directly, so I haven't been able to attempt troubleshooting this issue with them. And even if I had, this error message an occur for a lot of reasons: I've had someone who was getting this error because of some very specific printer software that was on their computer (this was on Windows, not MacOS, but the point remains). If this issue is occurring on two computers, I would look at what software you have installed on both computers (maybe try disabling any software from launching on startup and then re-enable things one by one).