Author Topic: Color Class Change for many pictures crashes  (Read 259 times)

Offline Mario_Hommes_Photography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Mario Hommes Photography
Color Class Change for many pictures crashes
« on: November 09, 2023, 03:18:37 PM »
Hello,

from the past I have around 150.000 photos with Color Class 5-Typical and want to change their Color Class to 1-Winner.

After I browse for Pictures with Color Class "Typical" PM Plus shows me correctly all pictures with this Color Class, then I select all pictures with Cmd+A on my Mac and choose Cmd-1 to change the Class. After that a small window opens that shows me that PM Plus is getting the metadata for the selected photos, but the Window closes after a few seconds and nothing else happens.
I tried to select around 1.000 photos and then the windows stands open followed by a window that shows me a progress bar for performing operation on the selected photos.

A few minutes ago I tried this process with 1200 selected photos and it worked, but not with 2.000 photos.

Is there any preference that I can change that PM Plus can proceed the Color Change for all the 150.000 photos or is this a bug?

Thanks for help,

Mario

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Color Class Change for many pictures crashes
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 03:56:19 PM »
Mario,

from the past I have around 150.000 photos with Color Class 5-Typical and want to change their Color Class to 1-Winner.

After I browse for Pictures with Color Class "Typical" PM Plus shows me correctly all pictures with this Color Class, then I select all pictures with Cmd+A on my Mac and choose Cmd-1 to change the Class. After that a small window opens that shows me that PM Plus is getting the metadata for the selected photos, but the Window closes after a few seconds and nothing else happens.
I tried to select around 1.000 photos and then the windows stands open followed by a window that shows me a progress bar for performing operation on the selected photos.

A few minutes ago I tried this process with 1200 selected photos and it worked, but not with 2.000 photos.

Is there any preference that I can change that PM Plus can proceed the Color Change for all the 150.000 photos or is this a bug?

The failure to load large batches of metadata streamed from the catalog is a bug.

You can scroll through the contact sheet and when all of the thumbnails are loaded, any operation on them should succeed.

-Kirk

Offline Mario_Hommes_Photography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Mario Hommes Photography
Re: Color Class Change for many pictures crashes
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 02:33:56 AM »
Thanks!!  ;)