Author Topic: Deleted pixs from OneDrive folder ends up in root of the OneDrive not in bin  (Read 358 times)

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
Using Ventura 13.6.2 on Mac 16 inch M1 PM version 6.0, build 6890 (ffcbb4c)

I have a folder with pictures in the One Drive folder of the 365 Microsoft for the company I work for.
When I delete one or more pictures from PM (using ⌫) they don't end up in the bin of the computer but at the root of the One Drive folder.
When I select them from PM and drag them into the computer bin it works.

Is this a bug ?

Regards

Denis

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Did this recently start for you? I don't use onedrive unless I need to so I installed it for this test. I experienced the same as you When you delete a file Photo Mechanic is calling the operating system's routine for moving the file to the trash, so really whatever happens after that is under the control of the OS and not Photo Mechanic.

You'll also see here that one of the Core Developers for Electron (an widely-used application framework) says something similar, and we are actually using the same code as the person that file the bug with Electron: https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/38541

Photo Mechanic does have a setting for whether a file should go to the trash or just be deleted immediately (I've attached a screenshot of the setting). If you disable this, the file no longer goes to the root of the OneDrive folder, it just gets deleted immediately. So, while this does workaround the issue, it's a dangerous setting to enable because you now no longer have the option to recover them from the trash.

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
Thanks for the answer and explanations.
I have the setting for trash on.
It works when I drag them so not a big issue

Bests

Denis