Author Topic: After update to MacOS 14.2 beta 4 PM (plus) stucks  (Read 288 times)

Offline Mario_Hommes_Photography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Mario Hommes Photography
After update to MacOS 14.2 beta 4 PM (plus) stucks
« on: December 01, 2023, 06:52:29 AM »
After updating my MacBook Pro M1 to MacOS 14.2 beta 4 (I know it's not recommended for work)  PM and PM plus stucks at the start with heavy CPU and memory usage. The beachball is shown.

In the attachment you'll find the analyses of the MacOS activity-monitor and screenshots of the process.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: After update to MacOS 14.2 beta 4 PM (plus) stucks
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 09:12:51 AM »
A single screenshot of Photo Mechanic using a lot of CPU is not a lot to go on. Photo Mechanic will use a lot of CPU power at times, as will any almost any application.

Do you have Photo Mechanic set to Restore all Contact Sheets open from the last session? Do you have RAW Rendering enabled in the Render Cache section of Photo Mechanic's Preferences? In the other thread you stated that deleting your cache folder helped in some way, did it make this high CPU usage problem go away?

Offline Mario_Hommes_Photography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Mario Hommes Photography
Re: After update to MacOS 14.2 beta 4 PM (plus) stucks
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 03:58:13 PM »
Thanks for your answer.

No, delete the cache doesn't help for this problem. It just helps me to start PM after kill PM as a process.

The option to restore contact sheets from the last session is enabled. RAW Rendering is not enabled.

After some tests I think that MacOS 14.2 beta 4 has an issue with network processes. Other software like Chronosync doesn't work as well. It shows the same issue: Start to copy files, but slows down after some seconds.  :-\