Author Topic: PM6+ won't open anymore!  (Read 315 times)

Offline LRAT

• View Profile
PM6+ won't open anymore!
« on: December 03, 2023, 01:12:27 PM »
Hi,

I use PM6+ on a daily base and over the last week or so I noticed that clicking on the shortcuts won't open the program anymore. The only option I have is to restart the Windows 11 pc and disable my ExpressVPN and then it might work. Once the program is running then it will be OK for the rest of the day. Sometimes it needs a couple more attempts.
I have tried to repair the program multiple times. The weird thing is, is that PM6+ asks me to shut down Microsoft Teams before it can continue. Is there some sort of common layer used by both PM6+ and Teams?
I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. I use IOBit-Uninstaller and to my surprise, the program only shows 471.34 kB in size on the uninstaller program.
I have attached the PM-log.zip. Maybe you might find something in there that could be useful for troubleshooting.
Thanks for your help.

PS. My message didn't go through as when I press the Post-button it tells me that the upload folder is full. Although the ZIP-file is only 298 KB in size.
I will send this message first and then upload the file.

Offline LRAT

• View Profile
Re: PM6+ won't open anymore!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 01:16:49 PM »
I still can't upload the ZIP-file. Attached is a screenshot showing the message.

Offline LRAT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 01:22:34 PM »
Another attempt to upload the ZIP-file...
I changed the extension from .ZIP to .JPG but that didn't work either.
Any advice on how I can send this PM-log.ZIP file?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 01:38:58 PM »
I use PM6+ on a daily base and over the last week or so I noticed that clicking on the shortcuts won't open the program anymore. The only option I have is to restart the Windows 11 pc and disable my ExpressVPN and then it might work. Once the program is running then it will be OK for the rest of the day. Sometimes it needs a couple more attempts.
I have tried to repair the program multiple times. The weird thing is, is that PM6+ asks me to shut down Microsoft Teams before it can continue. Is there some sort of common layer used by both PM6+ and Teams?

Photo Mechanic Plus has no code in it that knows anything about Microsoft Teams.

I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. I use IOBit-Uninstaller and to my surprise, the program only shows 471.34 kB in size on the uninstaller program.

Uninstalling through the usual Add/Remove programs doesn't work?

PS. My message didn't go through as when I press the Post-button it tells me that the upload folder is full. Although the ZIP-file is only 298 KB in size.

I suggest sending the zip file to support@camerabits.com, and ask for troubleshooting support.  Reference this thread in your email.

-Kirk

Offline LRAT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2023, 01:45:15 PM »
Thanks Kirk!
I will email it in a minute.
No, there's no problem installing/uninstalling using the conventional Windows uninstall/remove tool. It's just that I'm using IOBit Uninstaller as it always generates a restore point. (Windows doesn't do that).
Cheers,

Luke

Offline LRAT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2023, 01:49:26 PM »
The PM_log.ZIP file has been send by email.