Author Topic: Folder problem  (Read 394 times)

Offline Roger Vikstrom

• freelance photographer from Stockholm Sweden
    • View Profile
    • RVBILD
Folder problem
« on: December 12, 2023, 12:15:23 AM »
Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6890 Mac  2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 Sonoma 14.1.2
Folder hierarchy problem when ingest. Settings  Source directory structure. Ignore- copy all photos into same destination. Copy photos into a folder with name
 i have differents folers on my card 100, 101  and so on i want them in the samt folder se images .
I can't see what I'm doing wrong?
/Roger

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Folder problem
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 10:12:11 AM »
I believe that you'll want to remove the {foldernum} variable from the Folder name field to get your desired result.

For each image ingested, this variable gets evaluated, and the image is placed into a folder where the name uses the evaluated data. So if you have images coming from different folders and {foldernum} evaluates to multiple values throughout the ingest, you'll end up with multiple folders within the "primary destination".

When the "Source directory structure" option is set to "Ignore- copy all photos into same destination", it is saying that it ignores the directory structure on the source for the ingest, but it knows nothing of what you are actually naming the folder(s) inside the primary destination, so if you use a variable like {folder num}, you are still going to get individual folders, numbered with the same number as what folder the image was in on the card.

Offline Roger Vikstrom

• View Profile
    • RVBILD
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 12:19:33 AM »
I believe that you'll want to remove the {foldernum} variable from the Folder name field to get your desired result.

No I want a Dated Folder  with eventname then int that folder the folder numbers doesn't work  without {foldernum}

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 09:00:16 AM »
If you want the numbered folders to be subfolders then there needs to be a / before {foldernum} in the folder name field.

Offline Roger Vikstrom

• View Profile
    • RVBILD
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 01:27:02 PM »
Thanx a lot for the help
/Roger