Author Topic: documentation for filehash and image.similar searchable fields  (Read 293 times)

Offline ejhutch

• View Profile
documentation for filehash and image.similar searchable fields
« on: January 02, 2024, 07:22:46 AM »
How do you use the filehash and image.similar searchable fields to search for matches? Hope would one find or view the hash of a file's contents to provide as an argument for the filehash searchable field? Same question with the perceptual hash for the image.similar and image.fuzzy searchable fields. 

I have not been able to find any documentation on either of these other than their listing in the Searchable Fields list.

Thanks.
Ed

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: documentation for filehash and image.similar searchable fields
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 11:07:00 AM »
Ed,

How do you use the filehash and image.similar searchable fields to search for matches? Hope would one find or view the hash of a file's contents to provide as an argument for the filehash searchable field? Same question with the perceptual hash for the image.similar and image.fuzzy searchable fields. 

I have not been able to find any documentation on either of these other than their listing in the Searchable Fields list.

The filehash is a sha1 digest of the entire file contents maintained in the catalog database.  There is no variable that exposes it.

The work on that feature and the perceptual hash has not been completed.  Until that work completes, I will remove them from the list.

-Kirk

Offline ejhutch

• View Profile
Re: documentation for filehash and image.similar searchable fields
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 07:42:18 AM »
Kirk,
Thanks.  That's unfortunate... for now... but sounds like good news in the future.