Author Topic: Moving files already in the catalog.  (Read 275 times)

Offline stevemoorevale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Moving files already in the catalog.
« on: January 14, 2024, 09:16:02 AM »
Hi again.
I have another question which I think is hopefully quite a simple one. I would test myself but I don’t want to risk messing my files up to find out.

I have said in a previous post that I have all my unedited files on an ssd and then when the entire folder is sorted I move it via pm plus to my RAID archive drives where it gets stored. Then once it’s in its final home I can add the files to the catalog., this week I have started doing things slightly differently with regards to the catalog. Once I have edited a file I right click on the final edited tiff and select Add To Catalog. This way I can have the edited files in the catalog straight away.
My question is that if I finally finish the whole folder and I then move it to the archive drives from within photo mechanic then will the catalog track the move and keep their locations updated in the database or will I have to relink them after the move?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Moving files already in the catalog.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 11:15:01 AM »
If you use Photo Mechanic Plus to move the files, then the catalog gets notified of the change and should be updated accordingly.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 11:44:25 AM by ahoward »

Offline stevemoorevale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Moving files already in the catalog.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 12:10:09 PM »
Excellent. Thank you.