Author Topic: Browse tab sort behaviour  (Read 242 times)

Offline bazography

• View Profile
Browse tab sort behaviour
« on: February 23, 2024, 04:21:17 PM »
Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 7086 (7751091)
macOS 13.6.3

I was using the Browse tab to look through my list of keywords. At first, the list would appear in alphabetical order as expected. As I was working, the list suddenly changed. It was still alphabetical, sort of, but now all the keywords beginning with a capital letter were grouped together first, followed by a group of keywords not capitalized.

From this (the correct way, I would assume):
Axxxx
bxxxx
Cxxxx
dxxxx
Exxxx
fxxxx

It would switch to this:
Axxxx
Cxxxx
Exxxx
bxxxx
dxxxx
fxxxx

It kept switching back and forth multiple times while I was working, and it seemed pretty random. I didn't notice that I was doing anything in particular when it switched.

Of course this makes it very difficult because when it switches, the keyword you were working with suddenly moves to a different part of the list, and given how long these lists can be, it takes a while to find it again.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Browse tab sort behaviour
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 04:38:03 PM »
Would you say that this only began after the update to build 7086 (within the past 3 days)?

If so, can you let me know if it happens after reverting to build 6890?: https://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?board=15.0

Offline bazography

• View Profile
Re: Browse tab sort behaviour
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 02:06:58 AM »
Would you say that this only began after the update to build 7086 (within the past 3 days)?

If so, can you let me know if it happens after reverting to build 6890?: https://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?board=15.0

Until the other day I hadn't used the Browse tab in that way for a while so unfortunately I can't say whether it started since the update.

Further information though...
Thinking back on it, I just realized that the IPTC Info window used to always sort that way (at least for me). If I look at my drop-down list of saved Keywords today they are sorted correctly, but am 100% positive that previously it was normal for them to be sorted like 2nd example above with all the capitalized words first. I don't recall it ever switching the sort back and forth like it did for me in the Browse tab the other day, so at the time I never thought it was a bug, just an really odd choice. This would be going back a long time now, a year or more I would guess.