Author Topic: (7102) Preloading Metadata has failed and the operation has been cancelled!  (Read 283 times)

Offline DBleeker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
When trying to add a picture to a collection, I get most of the time a notification box saying: Preloading Metadata has failed and the operation has been cancelled!

Reinstalling does not solve the problem. Will try to go back to the previous version now (7086). (Windows 10)

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
David,

When trying to add a picture to a collection, I get most of the time a notification box saying: Preloading Metadata has failed and the operation has been cancelled!

Reinstalling does not solve the problem. Will try to go back to the previous version now (7086). (Windows 10)

How many images are you adding when it fails?  Just one?

There were no changes to the Catalog system between build 7086 and 7102.

-Kirk

Offline DBleeker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Just adding 1 or 2 at the time, no changes to the catalog....

The required action is still working.... so the images does get added to the collection.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Just adding 1 or 2 at the time, no changes to the catalog....

The required action is still working.... so the images does get added to the collection.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic Plus, go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

If you don't want to post your log here, you can email it to support@camerabits.com

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DBleeker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I have send it to the support email.

David