Author Topic: RAW+JPEG stack issue  (Read 232 times)

Offline Maxime

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
RAW+JPEG stack issue
« on: March 04, 2024, 03:12:39 AM »
Hi there,

I always have RAW files along JPEG in the same folder. PM handles this very well by stacking them together. I noticed one issue though, when the title of the picture has a special character such as ö, then the RAW and JPEG are separated... (I shot a event in Sweden recently, hence many names with ö)

Strangely enough, when I look at the same picture in the catalogue, the RAW and JPEG are toegether...

Would be great to have this fixed, many thanks.

Maxime

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: RAW+JPEG stack issue
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 07:53:44 AM »
Maxime,

I always have RAW files along JPEG in the same folder. PM handles this very well by stacking them together. I noticed one issue though, when the title of the picture has a special character such as ö, then the RAW and JPEG are separated... (I shot a event in Sweden recently, hence many names with ö)

Strangely enough, when I look at the same picture in the catalogue, the RAW and JPEG are toegether...

That is odd that browsing a folder would be different than viewing catalog results.  Could you zip up a RAW and JPEG pair and provide them to me for my investigation?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zip file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Maxime

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 09:27:25 AM »
Hi Kirk,

here is an example (wetransfer link):
https://we.tl/t-z8Nu623K5U

Here is my workflow that triggers the issue: I edit in Lightroom and export in the same folder with same name.

Only files with names with ö don't stack up.
If I delete the ö then they go together.
And then if I add back the ö they actually stay together...

Thanks for your answer
Maxime

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 10:58:20 AM »
Maxime,

Your images stack up for me with no modification on my end.  Had you already fixed them before you uploaded them?

-Kirk