Author Topic: Images not displaying  (Read 440 times)

Offline foyle3

• View Profile
Images not displaying
« on: March 04, 2024, 09:51:18 AM »
Saved six final entries to competitive exhibition recently : 3x one full size Tiff and one small JPG.  All six images are in the folder and will open in photoshop but two do not display in PM.  I have tried re-saving with a back-up name - same again - visible in folder view but not in PM.  In the past I have sometimes had to wait a few minutes for new transfers to show up but that makes no difference here. Any ideas what may be going on or how to begin diagnosis ? Cheers.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Images not displaying
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 10:10:09 AM »
Saved six final entries to competitive exhibition recently : 3x one full size Tiff and one small JPG.  All six images are in the folder and will open in photoshop but two do not display in PM.  I have tried re-saving with a back-up name - same again - visible in folder view but not in PM.  In the past I have sometimes had to wait a few minutes for new transfers to show up but that makes no difference here. Any ideas what may be going on or how to begin diagnosis ? Cheers.

When you say that they do not display in PM, do the items exist (the cells that show the thumbnails) at all or are they there but never show the thumbnail (filename is in red) ?

-Kirk

Offline foyle3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 10:19:09 AM »
No - simply absent.  The jpgs are under 5Mb as I recall - the Tiffs big but no bigger than others which do display. Tried different options to open folder - no difference. 

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 10:24:44 AM »
No - simply absent.  The jpgs are under 5Mb as I recall - the Tiffs big but no bigger than others which do display. Tried different options to open folder - no difference.

Can you share them with me?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your files.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline foyle3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 10:29:01 AM »
screen grabs to illustrate attached

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 10:47:57 AM »
Do the files that won't display have no extensions?  In the last screen grab, I see none of them have extensions, but perhaps you have yours hidden in Windows Explorer.

PM won't show files that have no extensions.

-Kirk

Offline foyle3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2024, 09:34:02 AM »
They all have *.jpg or *.TIFF suffixes but it seems those full stop dots in the titles upset the gods. removal of the "..."s has sorted the problem.  After all these years I thought I knew what I was doing - the laugh is on me.  Retired from professional rush jobs long ago but can't get by without PM for organizing.  Cheers DS