Author Topic: Catalog Sync window cuts off text  (Read 267 times)

Offline bazography

• View Profile
Catalog Sync window cuts off text
« on: April 11, 2024, 05:10:58 PM »
Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 7102 (796dd4a)
macOS 13.6.6

After completing a Catalog Sync, the Sync Status window cuts off some of the text at the bottom, and it won't allow me to scroll down any further to make it visible. I am able to scroll up though. This is not intermittent, it happens every time.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Catalog Sync window cuts off text
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 04:52:12 PM »
I tried to do a few Catalog Syncs but could not get this issue to occur. If you try dragging the corner of the window to resize it a bit, that may force it to re-calculate the size of the subviews in the window and perhaps that will allow you to scroll a bit further down and see the full log of the sync? It shouldn't be something you need to do every time, so definitely let us know if it doesn't fix the issue moving forward, but just curious if that has any effect.

Offline bazography

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 08:37:52 PM »
I tried to do a few Catalog Syncs but could not get this issue to occur. If you try dragging the corner of the window to resize it a bit, that may force it to re-calculate the size of the subviews in the window and perhaps that will allow you to scroll a bit further down and see the full log of the sync? It shouldn't be something you need to do every time, so definitely let us know if it doesn't fix the issue moving forward, but just curious if that has any effect.

I just tried it. Resizing the window does allow me to scroll down to see the rest of the log, but unfortunately it's a one-time-only fix. If I run another sync immediately after, the resulting text is cut off again.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 06:58:58 AM »

I just tried it. Resizing the window does allow me to scroll down to see the rest of the log, but unfortunately it's a one-time-only fix. If I run another sync immediately after, the resulting text is cut off again.

We'll look into fixing the problem, but until then, use the resize workaround in order to see the rest of the report.

-Kirk

Offline bazography

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 09:18:56 AM »
Will do. Don't use that function often so no biggie.