Author Topic: Moving snapshots location on Mac  (Read 1008 times)

Offline 30west

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Moving snapshots location on Mac
« on: May 15, 2024, 12:01:20 PM »
I recently saw a video tutorial by a CB staff member recommending keeping the Snapshots in the Documents drive. I would like to place mine in a Photo Mechanic folder on iCloud so it would be accessible to both licensed computers...BUT...I can't seem to find where to designate an alternate location in macOS Settings.

Any suggestions welcome...thanks..gary

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Moving snapshots location on Mac
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 12:51:44 PM »
Gary,

I recently saw a video tutorial by a CB staff member recommending keeping the Snapshots in the Documents drive. I would like to place mine in a Photo Mechanic folder on iCloud so it would be accessible to both licensed computers...BUT...I can't seem to find where to designate an alternate location in macOS Settings.

There is currently no way to have Snapshots located somewhere other than inside the Photo Mechanic preferences folder.  I'm not familiar with the video you've referenced, but I'd guess that they were trying to show how they could be shared via copying from this drive to the Photo Mechanic preferences folder.

-Kirk

Offline 30west

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 07:44:10 AM »
Okay thanks Kirk. Understood and thanks for another quick and valuable response…..gary

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 08:23:06 AM »
Okay thanks Kirk. Understood and thanks for another quick and valuable response…..gary
If you want to share what video you are referring to, we're happy to clarify what they were doing, but I'm also not aware of the video you mentioned.

Offline 30west

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2024, 09:58:29 AM »
So apparently a misunderstanding on my part, the video showed John Keel as Camera Bits support. The reference was using the SAVE button to a documents folder, but I misunderstood it. The description startes around 24 minutes in at "Second Crop Creative Youtube channel. URL:

https://youtu.be/ItpZHMv7S_k?si=IEMaB0OEvpD4jb8q

thanks

gary