Author Topic: searching for "Alt Text"  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
    • The McElroys of Point Alexander
searching for "Alt Text"
« on: June 19, 2024, 06:18:29 AM »
I would like to be able to search for photos where the field "Alt Text" is empty.  I assume I am just out of luck on that one since "Alt Text" doesn't seem to appear in your list of searchable fields.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: searching for "Alt Text"
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2024, 10:24:16 AM »
Hi Bob M,

In order to use catalog Search for this field, we will need to update which fields Photo Mechanic Plus indexes for the catalog, and as such this thread has been moved to Feature Requests.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can do this in the Find panel for any Contact Sheet (including ones containing multiple folders) by restricting the Find to "Metadata" and the "Alt Text" field and leaving the query field blank. The Find command will result in those files with empty Alt Text files being selected. You can then filter the contact sheet to only show selected. For things like this I also like to save my selection list in case I inadvertently deselect something.  If you have a significant number of files, you may need to do this in batches. But for hundreds of files, using the Find command could help you.

Mick

Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
    • The McElroys of Point Alexander
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2024, 11:02:43 AM »
Thank you, I understand.  (But I must admit to being somewhat confused as to what happened to my post in the support forum.)

And I had never previously been aware of the "save selection" option.  I can see that as being very useful in a variety of situations.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2024, 11:29:21 AM »
Thank you, I understand.  (But I must admit to being somewhat confused as to what happened to my post in the support forum.)

And I had never previously been aware of the "save selection" option.  I can see that as being very useful in a variety of situations.

It was moved to the feature request forum so that it won’t be missed when reviewing the forums for improvements to make for the product