Author Topic: Two games, one card, different initial caption.  (Read 1164 times)

Offline davidjgrandy@gmail.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Two games, one card, different initial caption.
« on: July 30, 2024, 02:26:51 PM »
When I shoot a game on ingest I have what I call my initial caption set up.  That's a global caption with team names, location and so forth and is added to every image when ingest takes place.  As well I rename the images on ingest with the team names and date.  So far so good.  Now once in awhile I will shoot two games on one card. I would like to have each game be ingested with its own initial caption and renamed images.  How do I do this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Two games, one card, different initial caption.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2024, 02:50:50 PM »
David,

There is no way to spontaneously cause the Metadata Template to change.  You would have to Ingest folders (hopefully each game is in its own folder) separately, modifying the template between folder ingests.

If both games are in one folder, then you could browse the card, select the images from the first game, use Ingest from Selection with the first Metadata Template, and then select the images from the second game and repeat the process with an updated Metadata Template.

HTH,

-Kirk