Author Topic: Build 7212 - No XMP Files generating  (Read 822 times)

Offline Travel Buddha

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Build 7212 - No XMP Files generating
« on: August 19, 2024, 11:22:54 AM »
I've recently updated to the latest build, and now when I do a card ingest, PM isn't generating XMP files. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that, since the update, I've only done ingests with a Z8 loaner rather than my usual Nikon dSLR's. Anyone else have this issue?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Build 7212 - No XMP Files generating
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2024, 11:30:21 AM »
Does an XMP file get created when you change the metadata on the image once it has been created in the destination?

Offline Travel Buddha

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2024, 11:41:33 AM »
Does an XMP file get created when you change the metadata on the image once it has been created in the destination?

No it does not. Prior to the most recent update, when I ingested a card, the image files would have a modification date/time that corresponded to the ingest, and an XMP file was created simultaneously. Now, the modification date/time is the capture date/time, and no XMP is created.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2024, 12:18:01 PM »
In the IPTC/XMP section of Photo Mechanic's preferences, what are your settings for "For Tiff-based RAW photos (non-DNG)" (Which of the 3 boxes are checked)?

Offline Travel Buddha

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2024, 12:52:42 PM »
The bottom one is checked. Nothing else.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2024, 02:37:52 PM »
Thanks. At this point I'd be curious if changing any of your preferences has any effect. I would recommend following Kirk's instructions in this post (https://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=8218.0) and seeing if you have the same issue after starting up Photo Mechanic after backing up and resetting your preferences. If you need assistance with that or that doesn't work, please give our support line a call so we can troubleshoot further.

Offline Travel Buddha

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2024, 02:56:31 PM »
After removing all the preferences files and starting from scratch (The registration now resides in the computer's library file rather than the user), it still does not generate XMP files on ingest. However, if I tag a photo in PM, it creates an XMP immediately, and modifies the RAW file.