Author Topic: IPTC Template in the Universal Binary Beta 5 here  (Read 10629 times)

Offline Riton

• View Profile
IPTC Template in the Universal Binary Beta 5 here
« on: September 05, 2024, 02:43:24 AM »
I notices that in the IPTC Template in the Universal Binary Beta 5 I am testing actually (with good snappier results compared with the normal app) there is na "DATA MINING" case I dont need and want to get rid of it sooner than latter....... I couldn't find a way to get rid of it in the settings. What's the good way to achieve that please ??????

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile

Offline Riton

• View Profile
Re: IPTC Template in the Universal Binary Beta 5 here
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2024, 12:47:09 AM »
It's the first place where I looked but I have no DATA MINING field in my Metadata (IPTC) Info and(or) Template fields !!!!!!!!!! I dont understand whats going on with this new field !!!!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2024, 11:23:41 AM »
It's hard for me to tell whether you're seeing the field and you don't want to see it anymore, or it isn't there and you want to have it be there.  But either way, see the screenshot attached.  The rightmost checkbox selects whether the field is visible or hidden.  When checked, it should be visible.  When it is not checked, then the field should not be visible.

The article that Andrew linked to you should explain how to get to the dialog where you can edit what appears in your Metadata dialogs.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (7102) | macOS 14.5
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2024, 12:21:15 PM »
I noticed a while back (not on the current beta) that since I had already customized my dialogs, I needed to use the "Restore Defaults" button to get newer fields to show up in the customization area. Might be worth a try.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2024, 12:26:28 PM »
Thanks Kirk for replying. DIGITAL SOURCE TYPE appears but no DATA MINING !!!!!!!! I know perfectly the dialog Andrew mentioned but in my PM 6 there is no DATA MINING field anywhere in the lists !!!!!!! So I can't uncheck it to make it disappear in my IPTC Template.............I have no idea whats getting wrong with this behavior !!!! Maybe I have to use the RESTORE DEFAULT button but I dont want to get a messy IPTC Template window now.

Offline jrp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2024, 03:01:34 PM »
(I agree that B5 seems to be snappier even on previewing than earlier versions of PM.)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2024, 04:19:13 PM »
Thanks Kirk for replying. DIGITAL SOURCE TYPE appears but no DATA MINING !!!!!!!! I know perfectly the dialog Andrew mentioned but in my PM 6 there is no DATA MINING field anywhere in the lists !!!!!!! So I can't uncheck it to make it disappear in my IPTC Template.............I have no idea whats getting wrong with this behavior !!!! Maybe I have to use the RESTORE DEFAULT button but I dont want to get a messy IPTC Template window now.

PM6 does not have the new field.

Are you running the build available at this location?  https://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=16375.0
If not, what build are you using?  Check the About box for the build number.

-Kirk

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2024, 11:39:47 PM »
I'm running the two builds : 7966 for the beta 5 of the Universal Binary and 7212 pour PM 6

The metadata IPTC Template with DATA MINING impossible to uncheck appears only when I open PM beta5 but not when I open only PM 6 normal version..........

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2024, 12:29:52 PM »
I'm running the two builds : 7966 for the beta 5 of the Universal Binary and 7212 pour PM 6

The metadata IPTC Template with DATA MINING impossible to uncheck appears only when I open PM beta5 but not when I open only PM 6 normal version..........

Please post a screenshot of the uncheckable checkbox.

It is expected that PM6 does not have the Data Mining field, and we aren't adding it to the PM6 version.  PM6 is in maintenance-only mode and will not have new features added to it.

Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2024, 01:55:48 AM »
Tanks Kirk. here are the screenshots you asked and you can see that in the Customize one there is no DATA MINING field to check or uncheck.

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2024, 01:58:01 AM »
Here is the second screenshot showing in the IPTC Template the Data Mining field appearing I can't uncheck in the Customize one.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2024, 07:12:45 AM »
Tanks Kirk. here are the screenshots you asked and you can see that in the Customize one there is no DATA MINING field to check or uncheck.

Try scrolling the list upwards.  Also, you're showing the editor for the Metadata Info dialog, but in your second screenshot, you're showing the Metadata Template dialog.  There are two editors, one for each Metadata dialog.  The Metadata Template customization dialog has two lists, one for the left column, and one for the right column.  Check both lists in the Metadata Template customization dialog.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2024, 08:53:11 AM »
Kirk, I know about the two  Metadata Template customization dialog and I didnt sent you the screen shots because it's too big but I can guarantee you that there are no DATA MINING fields in either list left or right !!!!!!!!! That's why it's strange it's appearing in the Metadata (IPTC) Template window !!!!! One detail : it appears only when I open the new beta not if I open the old PM 6 version !!!!! I believe its just a small bug in the beta Universal version.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2024, 09:30:18 AM »
We've verified what Kevin said above:  If you've previously customized your IPTC dialogs, then the Data Mining field may not show up in the Customization dialogs unless you click "Restore defaults."   Thanks for the explanations. The workaround for now if you need to hide the Data mining field is to click "Restore defaults"  to get all fields back, and then re-customize your dialogs. We'll work on fixing this behavior in an upcoming build.

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits