Author Topic: Blank screen on startup - solved but....  (Read 63 times)

Offline Skids

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Blank screen on startup - solved but....
« on: September 18, 2024, 12:10:30 PM »
Hi,
I just want to report or log that my copy of PM+ failed to fully start and just displayed a blank window.  It new where the catalog was stored but provided no means to view images.

I am on a Mac running Sonoma 14.5 and tried several recent versions  of PM+ including version 6 build 7212.  They all opened in the same way i.e. to a blank screen.

This error occurred "out of the blue" and I did not updated my OS or PM+ before the issue occurred.

The solution was very Mac OS 9 like - i.e. "trash the prefs".  Once trashed PM+ runs as expected.

I'm making this post as it may help someone else and I have the trashed files should Camerabits want to review them.

Skids

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Blank screen on startup - solved but....
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2024, 02:47:53 PM »
Hi,
I just want to report or log that my copy of PM+ failed to fully start and just displayed a blank window.  It new where the catalog was stored but provided no means to view images.

I am on a Mac running Sonoma 14.5 and tried several recent versions  of PM+ including version 6 build 7212.  They all opened in the same way i.e. to a blank screen.

This error occurred "out of the blue" and I did not updated my OS or PM+ before the issue occurred.

The solution was very Mac OS 9 like - i.e. "trash the prefs".  Once trashed PM+ runs as expected.

I'm making this post as it may help someone else and I have the trashed files should Camerabits want to review them.

Skids
It sounds like the Navigator/organizer panel was hidden, and clicking and dragging the two vertical bars on the left edge of the window to bring it into view likely would have resolved the issue without trashing your preferences. Trashing preferences is rarely necessary and while it might fix an issue because doing so makes Photo Mechanic start up the next time with all preferences to in their default state, there's generally better ways around most issues.