Author Topic: Full size crop shortcut  (Read 275 times)

Offline elianoimperato

• Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • eliano imperato
Full size crop shortcut
« on: September 21, 2024, 03:20:20 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm using Photo Mechanic everyday, for many hours a day, and I think that can be very useful to have a shortcut for the "Full size crop" tool. Also, can be useful to have the possibility to resize the crop from the center of the four sides of the crop rectangle and not just from the four angles.

I hope you'll add these little but very useful things and, especially, also for the Photo Mechanic/Photo Mechanic Plus users.

All the best,
eliano
e l i a n o imperato

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Full size crop shortcut
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2024, 08:00:23 AM »
Eliano,

I'm using Photo Mechanic everyday, for many hours a day, and I think that can be very useful to have a shortcut for the "Full size crop" tool.

I could see having a preference that when an image has no crop and the crop tool is activated, it starts out with a full size crop.

Also, can be useful to have the possibility to resize the crop from the center of the four sides of the crop rectangle and not just from the four angles.

As long as the crop is unconstrained, you can resize from the edges instead of only the corners.

I hope you'll add these little but very useful things and, especially, also for the Photo Mechanic/Photo Mechanic Plus users.

Legacy Photo Mechanic 6 / Plus are in maintenance which will end soon.

-Kirk

Offline elianoimperato

• Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • eliano imperato
Re: Full size crop shortcut
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2024, 03:38:22 PM »
I could see having a preference that when an image has no crop and the crop tool is activated, it starts out with a full size crop.

Isn't it already almost like this? When I'm pressing the "Full" button it starts out with a full size crop. I think will be very useful to have a shortcut to use it more fast.

As long as the crop is unconstrained, you can resize from the edges instead of only the corners.

Could be very useful also when it's constrained.

Legacy Photo Mechanic 6 / Plus are in maintenance which will end soon.

I hope you'll insert these useful things also for US before the end. I suggested them, I'll appreciate. And not only me.

Best,
eliano
e l i a n o imperato