Author Topic: Close-up view AND full image view concurrently?  (Read 2753 times)

Offline bobaxe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Close-up view AND full image view concurrently?
« on: October 09, 2024, 10:23:57 PM »
Is it possible to display both the full image AND the zoomed in view concurrently to check for focus? Or I still have to tap zoom in/out all the time?

On a separate note, how do I edit the metadata to be displayed exactly? I don't see any Settings button in preview window:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2024, 10:59:53 PM by bobaxe »

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
Re: Close-up view AND full image view concurrently?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2024, 03:42:28 AM »
Edit menu at the top of the window, then follow the image

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2024, 10:33:10 AM »
Is it possible to display both the full image AND the zoomed in view concurrently to check for focus?

No.  Though if you want to view a lot of images zoomed one after another, the other option is the Loupe cursor in the Contact Sheet.  Click the magnifying glass button in the Contact Sheet toolbar and you'll be in Zoom mode.  Clicking on any thumbnail will preview the image at 100% and you can pan around while you hold down the mouse button.

https://camerabits.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/48000207552-check-for-critical-focus

HTH,

-Kirk

« Last Edit: October 10, 2024, 01:07:24 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline bobaxe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2024, 09:13:27 PM »
Edit menu at the top of the window, then follow the image

I tried using {lens35} variable, but it's still showing me the default mm. This is especially useless for smartphone cameras, like my Xiaomi 14 Ultra with an 8.7mm focal length (but it's essentially 23mm in 35mm terms). How do I get it to show 23mm exactly?

Offline bobaxe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2024, 09:14:48 PM »
Is it possible to display both the full image AND the zoomed in view concurrently to check for focus?

No.  Though if you want to view a lot of images zoomed one after another, the other option is the Loupe cursor in the Contact Sheet.  Click the magnifying glass button in the Contact Sheet toolbar and you'll be in Zoom mode.  Clicking on any thumbnail will preview the image at 100% and you can pan around while you hold down the mouse button.

https://camerabits.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/48000207552-check-for-critical-focus

HTH,

-Kirk

I don't want to have to zoom in/out for every image and my monitor is big enough to see both zoomed in and out view at the same time. Any chances this will be included as a new feature? It's quite common in all the AI culling apps these days, not to mention they automatically zoom into the faces to check for focus - very important feature.