Author Topic: Sort order 'Name, Descending' is not applied in Favorites  (Read 1086 times)

Offline mhobi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello

When I set the sort order to 'Name, Descending' in the Favorites, it sorts the folders correctly. After restarting Photo Mechanic, it still shows the symbol of
'Name, Descending', but the folders are sorted by 'Name, Ascending'. After clicking on the symbol 'Name, Descending', the photos are sorted correctly. It seems that upon start, Photo Mechanic doesn't apply the correct ordering, but displays the correct symbol.
Please see photos attached.

Thanks and regards
Michael

Version: Photo Mechanic Version 2024.10, build 8153 (c8aefba), but seems to also affect Photo Mechanic Version 2024.8, build 7765 (982b3d8)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sort order 'Name, Descending' is not applied in Favorites
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 11:09:50 AM »
We're unable to reproduce your issue.  I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline mhobi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:34:00 AM »
Hi Kirk

Please see attached the logs.

Thanks and regards
Michael

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:31:04 PM »
Michael,

There's nothing indicating a problem in your log files.  What do your General settings in the Preferences dialog look like?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline mhobi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:23:13 AM »
Hi Kirk

Please see attached screenshot with my General settings.
Interestingly the same sort order works for the Navigator. I added some screenshots of the Favorites and the Navigator, one immediately after startup and the other one after clicking on sort button 'Name, Descending'.

Thanks and regards
Michael