Author Topic: Copy/paste crop keyboard shortcut  (Read 27 times)

Offline jeffw

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Copy/paste crop keyboard shortcut
« on: Today at 02:13:44 PM »
I’m not finding a keyboard shortcut for crop copy/paste, so is there anyway to assign a keyboard short cut to Crop Copy and Crop Paste ?

Why am I doing 100s of these… well Topaz Photo AI has 2 serious bugs:
1) It does not create a “preview” in the TPAI created DNG (have to take a round trip through LR to generate it)
2) It does not retain / honor crops that are created by PM… so after I fix the DNG, I need to copy the previous crop on to the TPAI created DNG.

— Jeff

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copy/paste crop keyboard shortcut
« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:50:09 PM »
Hi Jeff,

I would use Photo Mechanic's Convert RAW to DNG utility in the Tools menu to create new DNG files with full sized previews. You will need to have one of Adobe's recent DNG Converter apps installed before you can use this utility on your Topaz Photo DNG files.

The new DNG files can be cropped in Photo Mechanic. In the Preview window use the x or c shortcut keys will toggle the Crop tool on and off.  To copy the Crop, use the Command-C shortcut.  To Paste the crop use the Command-V shortcut on the next Preview image. If you are using a PC, then use the Control-C and Control-V shortcuts.

If you need to batch apply the crop to the selected group of thumbnails, first copy the crop in the Preview window. Now go back to the Contact Sheet and select the files for the copy update. Right-click any of the selected thumbnails and then go to the Crop option and then the Paste Crop option. I hope this helps.

Best regards,

--Bob