Author Topic: Ingest Problems with 1D Mark III RAW Images  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Slowboat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest Problems with 1D Mark III RAW Images
« on: July 31, 2007, 02:08:03 PM »
As part of my configured ingest process I have PM rename photos into the following format: "{serialnum}_{seqn}_{actuations}_{lens35}mm".  This has worked great for the 1DS Mark II and 1D Mark II N bodies. However, with a 1D Mark III body the {serialnum} and {actuations} variables are not resolved and I end up with a filenames like "_077_24mm.CR2".  Is the Mark III EXIF metadata supported?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest Problems with 1D Mark III RAW Images
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 02:26:06 PM »
As part of my configured ingest process I have PM rename photos into the following format: "{serialnum}_{seqn}_{actuations}_{lens35}mm".  This has worked great for the 1DS Mark II and 1D Mark II N bodies. However, with a 1D Mark III body the {serialnum} and {actuations} variables are not resolved and I end up with a filenames like "_077_24mm.CR2".  Is the Mark III EXIF metadata supported?

In the 4.5.2 beta, yes.  Earlier versions do not support the changes Canon made to the Exif (makernote) data they made in the CR2 and JPEG file formats.

You can try out the beta if you'd like.  Visit the Announcements section of the forums for information on the beta.

-Kirk