Author Topic: Favorites unsupported; color management  (Read 4830 times)

Offline pdlarry

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Favorites unsupported; color management
« on: August 02, 2007, 12:50:15 PM »
Hi I have two questions

I've just purchased PM, but had previous demo versions installed but have updated to 4.5.1.1.  When I click on View->Favorites, an error message box pops up and says "an unsupported function was attempted" or something like that?  what to do?

Q2 is regarding color management.  When viewing sRGB jpegs with color management turned on (color space icon showing colors), should the image colors be more vivid or less vivid than when CM is off?

Thanks,

PD

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Favorites unsupported; color management
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 01:29:23 PM »
PD,

Hi I have two questions

I've just purchased PM, but had previous demo versions installed but have updated to 4.5.1.1.  When I click on View->Favorites, an error message box pops up and says "an unsupported function was attempted" or something like that?  what to do?

I would first uninstall all copies of Photo Mechanic.  Then restart your system.  Then reinstall 4.5.1.1.  If the problem persists, please contact support@camerabits.com and they will troubleshoot with you, either via email or by telephone.

Quote from: pdlarry
Q2 is regarding color management.  When viewing sRGB jpegs with color management turned on (color space icon showing colors), should the image colors be more vivid or less vivid than when CM is off?

It depends on whether your monitor is calibrated, and how large the gamut of your calibrated profile is.  In general, the colors become more lifelike/vivid.  Have you calibrated your monitor with a colorimiter?

-Kirk

Offline pdlarry

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 01:47:06 PM »
Thanks, Kirk.

I have calibrated my monitor with an i1.  Seems like I'm getting a reverse behavior (if that were possible), i.e., when CM is on the colors are less vivid, and when CM is off the colors are more vivid.  The "less vivid" colors, however, closely match what I see in PS.

PD

Offline pdlarry

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 09:38:35 AM »
Thanks, Kirk.  The reinstall worked.

PD