Author Topic: IPTC/XMP/Encoding preferences - save as Snapshot  (Read 5270 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
IPTC/XMP/Encoding preferences - save as Snapshot
« on: October 07, 2007, 03:58:07 AM »
Hi Kirk, I think it would be nice if we could define several snapshots of the IPTC/XMP dialog in prefs (+add star/rating to IPTC/XMP when... dialog - this could be moved to the IPTC/XMP pref pane perhaps?), which could be made accessible from either the menu, or the toolbar (or perhaps both)?

I am asking because when I have several clients, some of them using automated solutions requiring only IPTC not XMP, while others (and my own workflow for editing uses sidecar files) need IPTC/XMP and some even in different encoding (unicode/plain), it would be nice if you could choose easily the method of captioning using the several premade snapshots of the preferences depending on which client I am captioning for.

That way, you could even made two basic snapshots yourself (i.e. Nikon Capture workflow, Adobe workflow) and save yourself the countless forum questions about what preferences to enable for which program.

Thanks for consideration, Frantisek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC/XMP/Encoding preferences - save as Snapshot
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 06:58:51 AM »
Frantisek,

I think it would be nice if we could define several snapshots of the IPTC/XMP dialog in prefs (+add star/rating to IPTC/XMP when... dialog - this could be moved to the IPTC/XMP pref pane perhaps?), which could be made accessible from either the menu, or the toolbar (or perhaps both)?

I am asking because when I have several clients, some of them using automated solutions requiring only IPTC not XMP, while others (and my own workflow for editing uses sidecar files) need IPTC/XMP and some even in different encoding (unicode/plain), it would be nice if you could choose easily the method of captioning using the several premade snapshots of the preferences depending on which client I am captioning for.

That way, you could even made two basic snapshots yourself (i.e. Nikon Capture workflow, Adobe workflow) and save yourself the countless forum questions about what preferences to enable for which program.

I think that's a great idea!

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Re: IPTC/XMP/Encoding preferences - save as Snapshot
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 07:59:12 AM »

Frantisek, that's a great idea. And perhaps Kirk can create a third snapshot for Nikon Capture AND Adobe workflow.