Author Topic: Downloading from Digital Wallet  (Read 3030 times)

Offline iajephoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Iaje Photography
Downloading from Digital Wallet
« on: October 18, 2007, 07:05:06 AM »
It seems to me there is a difference between the way version 4.5.2 ingests from multiple folders and the way previous versions did. Prior to 4.5.2 when I downloaded from my archives on a digital wallet, it did so in a serial fashion so that all images were ingested in the order that they were saved. Now, if I select multiple folders, it ingests them in parallel, and since I rename with a sequence number, I end up having to go back and renumber everything since it will now be out of order.

Can this be made an option going forward?

Thanks in advance!

Ian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Downloading from Digital Wallet
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 08:05:47 AM »
Ian,

It seems to me there is a difference between the way version 4.5.2 ingests from multiple folders and the way previous versions did. Prior to 4.5.2 when I downloaded from my archives on a digital wallet, it did so in a serial fashion so that all images were ingested in the order that they were saved. Now, if I select multiple folders, it ingests them in parallel, and since I rename with a sequence number, I end up having to go back and renumber everything since it will now be out of order.

Can this be made an option going forward?

We've changed it so that Ingesting from multiple folders on a single volume will happen "serially".

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,

-Kirk