Author Topic: Setting the Default Editor Application?  (Read 9084 times)

Offline dwightmccann

• View Profile
    • Dwight McCann Digital Imagery
Setting the Default Editor Application?
« on: June 04, 2006, 02:03:50 PM »
I "associate" jpegs with IrfanView on my system because that's what I like to view them with.  But it not what I like to edit with.  I did not find a way, such as preferences, to set the default editor application ... does this exist and if not, what do I need to do to add it to the wishlist? 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Setting the Default Editor Application?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 02:55:22 PM »
I "associate" jpegs with IrfanView on my system because that's what I like to view them with.  But it not what I like to edit with.  I did not find a way, such as preferences, to set the default editor application ... does this exist and if not, what do I need to do to add it to the wishlist?

Go to Preferences, then click on the Launching tab.  You can choose a default editor, and you can choose a specific editor for each file type we support, plus you can add an additional ten more editors that you can send photos to for editing.

Let me know if you need more help.

-Kirk

Offline dwightmccann

• View Profile
    • Dwight McCann Digital Imagery
Re: Setting the Default Editor Application?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 03:22:04 PM »
D'oh!  My wife says I can't find the milk behind the beer!  I actually looked at that tab five or six times but my eye caught 'Open'. It is, of course, supremely clear and straight forward and worked at expected.