Author Topic: PCD Format  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Gib Robinson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PCD Format
« on: December 19, 2007, 07:09:28 AM »
I have Kodak photo disks that use the PCD format. PM does not show them as thumbnails. Is there a utility I can add to PM that will allow me to see those files?

Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PCD Format
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 07:39:05 AM »
I have Kodak photo disks that use the PCD format. PM does not show them as thumbnails. Is there a utility I can add to PM that will allow me to see those files?

The short answer is: no.  If you'd be willing to upload a sample image to our server, I'll see what I can do to add support for it in the future.  If you want to upload a sample, please contact me directly by clicking on my name to the left of this message.  Then click on the "personal message" link.  I will respond with server upload instructions.

-Kirk

Offline Gib Robinson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 03:40:35 PM »
That's OK, at least for now. I'm surprised you don't support that format because there are still people with PCD files from film days. I have Thumbs Plus which does show PCD files as thumbs.

If you really think there is a good possibility the format will be supported if I upload an image, I'll do that.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »
That's OK, at least for now. I'm surprised you don't support that format because there are still people with PCD files from film days. I have Thumbs Plus which does show PCD files as thumbs.

If you really think there is a good possibility the format will be supported if I upload an image, I'll do that.

I wouldn't know the likelihood of supporting the PCD format until I have a chance to investigate a sample image.

-Kirk