Author Topic: Importing metadata templet into PM?  (Read 3676 times)

Offline jbmpix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Importing metadata templet into PM?
« on: January 20, 2008, 05:39:23 PM »
Hope I'm not asking an obvious question here... but I'm relatively new at some some of these concepts (although I've been using PM for over 6 years now and love it.)  Here's my question:  One of the agencies I work with required that I create a specific XMP metadata template to their specifications.  In Photoshop it now resides in the left hand column of the image info tab after opening.  (Essentially the template gives my member ID#, name, and asks me to specify if the image is exclusive to the agency and whether there are model/property releases with it.  I input model release numbers, etc.)  >>Can I import this template in Photo Mechanic so that I can answer these questions all within the IPTC Stationery Pad, rather than having to go back and forth between PM and PS to complete the data?

Hope that makes sense.  Thanks...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Importing metadata templet into PM?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 05:55:13 PM »
Hope I'm not asking an obvious question here... but I'm relatively new at some some of these concepts (although I've been using PM for over 6 years now and love it.)  Here's my question:  One of the agencies I work with required that I create a specific XMP metadata template to their specifications.  In Photoshop it now resides in the left hand column of the image info tab after opening.  (Essentially the template gives my member ID#, name, and asks me to specify if the image is exclusive to the agency and whether there are model/property releases with it.  I input model release numbers, etc.)  >>Can I import this template in Photo Mechanic so that I can answer these questions all within the IPTC Stationery Pad, rather than having to go back and forth between PM and PS to complete the data?

Hope that makes sense.  Thanks...

It makes sense but unfortunately Photo Mechanic does not have the ability to use Photoshop compatible XMP templates at this time.

-Kirk

Offline jbmpix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 08:43:47 AM »
Kirk -- thanks for the prompt reply.  Any chance this function might be added in the future?  My personal desire is to keep all my editing functions within the PhotoMechanic environment.

JM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 09:08:48 AM »
Kirk -- thanks for the prompt reply.  Any chance this function might be added in the future?  My personal desire is to keep all my editing functions within the PhotoMechanic environment.

I won't rule the possibility out, but it isn't on our task list yet.

-Kirk