Author Topic: setting DVD burn speed in PhotoMechanic  (Read 3598 times)

Offline Rob in Oregon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
setting DVD burn speed in PhotoMechanic
« on: February 03, 2008, 03:54:25 PM »
I have an Intel-based iMac running OS-X and use Photo Mechanic for editing my weddings.  I want to manually set the DVD write speed to 8X for cleaner burns. 

The customer service person at Apple Care said that the burn speed needs to be set in the particular program I'm burning from, such as Photo Mechanic or Photo Shop, and is not set in an Apple application when burning from a non-Apple program.

Is this true?  How do I set the optical drive disc burn speed in Photo Mechanic?

Thanks...  - Rob in Oregon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: setting DVD burn speed in PhotoMechanic
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 06:56:31 PM »
Rob,

I have an Intel-based iMac running OS-X and use Photo Mechanic for editing my weddings.  I want to manually set the DVD write speed to 8X for cleaner burns. 

The customer service person at Apple Care said that the burn speed needs to be set in the particular program I'm burning from, such as Photo Mechanic or Photo Shop, and is not set in an Apple application when burning from a non-Apple program.

Is this true?  How do I set the optical drive disc burn speed in Photo Mechanic?

Once you start the process, a dialog will appear that will let you choose the burn parameters.  One of the parameters is the burn speed on a popup menu.  Choose your desired speed.

-Kirk