Author Topic: FTP caption info  (Read 4067 times)

Offline ludbrook

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP caption info
« on: February 07, 2008, 01:14:16 AM »
First of all thanks for developing such great software.  I have just moved over from another software that starts with Photo....

One question: When sending processed images with complete caption info via FTP it seems like the images is sent with incorrect, altered caption info.

It seems like there must be one small setting within the FTP window that I am over looking.

On all occasions the image is sent with caption info that was added to the image while ingesting and NOT the final, complete IPTC fields.

Pls advice.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP caption info
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 06:21:42 AM »
First of all thanks for developing such great software.  I have just moved over from another software that starts with Photo....

One question: When sending processed images with complete caption info via FTP it seems like the images is sent with incorrect, altered caption info.

It seems like there must be one small setting within the FTP window that I am over looking.

On all occasions the image is sent with caption info that was added to the image while ingesting and NOT the final, complete IPTC fields.

Pls advice.

It sounds like you may be applying another IPTC Stationery Pad during the upload.  Make sure the "Apply IPTC stationery" checkbox is unchecked.

-Kirk

Offline ludbrook

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: FTP caption info
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 04:18:34 AM »
Kirk,

Thanks a lot,

Will try it out now.

Kim