Author Topic: Cropping images  (Read 3350 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Cropping images
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »
Is there a shortcut to the swap crop aspect ratio ( the <--> signed button between with and height numbers in the preview window). If yes please let me know how can I reach the function without returning from a full screen view to the crop panel and clicking it.

My greater problem is even if I set Constrained Crop as default in the Preferences after I press escape in preview window and return to the contact sheet the next time I go to preview Normal Crop is selected. Isn't default crop mode considered to be allways the default?

Thanks for the answers.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Cropping images
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:31:50 AM »
szurkebarat,

Is there a shortcut to the swap crop aspect ratio ( the <--> signed button between with and height numbers in the preview window). If yes please let me know how can I reach the function without returning from a full screen view to the crop panel and clicking it.

There is no keyboard shortcut for swapping the crop ratio.

Quote from: szurkebarat
My greater problem is even if I set Constrained Crop as default in the Preferences after I press escape in preview window and return to the contact sheet the next time I go to preview Normal Crop is selected. Isn't default crop mode considered to be allways the default?

I don't know if that is a bug or the way it is supposed to work.  I'll have to look into that one.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 05:11:58 PM »
Thanks Kirk!

I also discovered that when I set the preview zoom to the upper half of a portrait image this zoom setting is kept when advancing to next or previous images but is lost if I exit and then reenter the preview again or even if a landscape image comes after the portrait ones.

I don't know again if it is bug or feature but since most of my images are portrait, I would feel more comfortable to have PM remember which part I zoomed both portrait and landscape images (not diferentially for all images of course, but the last one of both kinds basically).
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 06:56:07 PM »
Thanks Kirk!

I also discovered that when I set the preview zoom to the upper half of a portrait image this zoom setting is kept when advancing to next or previous images but is lost if I exit and then reenter the preview again or even if a landscape image comes after the portrait ones.

I don't know again if it is bug or feature but since most of my images are portrait, I would feel more comfortable to have PM remember which part I zoomed both portrait and landscape images (not diferentially for all images of course, but the last one of both kinds basically).

There is definitely no code to maintain the zoom offset once the Preview window is closed.

-Kirk