Author Topic: HELP: PM does not see changes made in Lightroom  (Read 3283 times)

Offline nunomix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
HELP: PM does not see changes made in Lightroom
« on: March 11, 2008, 06:24:35 AM »
I am currently trying PM to check whether it works for me. My desired workflow is the following:

1. import pics in Lightoom and do colour corrections, keywords, etc.
2. open PM and export pictures with watermark
3. upload to flickr

When I open PM, the images appear as before making any adjustments (for example, colour correction). It appears that it is not checking the XMP files created by Lightroom. Can someone help me with this? In Lightroom, the option to automatically update XMP files is checked.

Thanks

Nuno Sanches e Silva

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: HELP: PM does not see changes made in Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 06:49:35 AM »
Nuno,

I am currently trying PM to check whether it works for me. My desired workflow is the following:

3. upload to flickr

When I open PM, the images appear as before making any adjustments (for example, colour correction). It appears that it is not checking the XMP files created by Lightroom. Can someone help me with this? In Lightroom, the option to automatically update XMP files is checked.

Photo Mechanic cannot render your images and make them look like they do in Lightroom.  To do this, Adobe would have to give us the rendering engine contained in Lightroom.

People who use PM and Lightroom together tend to use PM as a front end to Lightroom for Ingest, IPTC/XMP captioning, culling, rating, labeling, renaming, etc. before they send them to Lightroom.  This saves them time over doing the same things inside of Lightroom.

-Kirk

Offline jimb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 07:48:31 AM »

3. upload to flickr

Nuno,
You will have to export your images from Lightroom using the Export feature in order for any other software (except PS) to see your edits. It's just the way it works. This change your workflow should help:

1A. Export from LR as JPEG files
2. open PM, browse to LR exported folder, and export pictures with watermark
3. upload to flickr

Note that if you can live with LR's crude watermarking capabilities you could do everything within LR, including the upload to Flickr (using an export plug-in).

Offline MarcoDG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 03:00:25 PM »
Hi,
I love PM and also lightroom. I use PM before lightroom for editing. If you need to make a good watermarking with lightroom you can use a plugin named lr mogrify. http://timothyarmes.com/lrmogrify.php
It works very well.
I wish to find that king of feature in PM : to use a file with the watermarking without using a photoshop droplet. I would love to have more options with the watermarking in PM ...
Marc.