Author Topic: FTP as Save copy of transmitted photos  (Read 2998 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
FTP as Save copy of transmitted photos
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:40:30 PM »
In the "FTP as" command, when saving a copy of the transmitted photo in a specified directory, if you invoke the command more than once for the same file (e.g. when you update a file), the new version does not overwrite the old, but rather has a letter appended to the filename, even when the "Replace existing file on server" option is set (yes, I realize the destination directory is not on the server, but I would expect the behavior to be the same ... or am I mistaken on this?).

Also, it would be great if the FTP as scaling options included fit width and fit height options along with fit in box.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP as Save copy of transmitted photos
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:04:32 PM »
In the "FTP as" command, when saving a copy of the transmitted photo in a specified directory, if you invoke the command more than once for the same file (e.g. when you update a file), the new version does not overwrite the old, but rather has a letter appended to the filename, even when the "Replace existing file on server" option is set (yes, I realize the destination directory is not on the server, but I would expect the behavior to be the same ... or am I mistaken on this?).

That setting only controls what happens on the server.

Quote from: devenh
Also, it would be great if the FTP as scaling options included fit width and fit height options along with fit in box.

The largest dimension is scaled to fit the box.  With one setting you get control over landscapes and portraits.  Can you describe a circumstance where this is deficient?

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Re: FTP as Save copy of transmitted photos
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 07:59:12 AM »
Let me explain the workflow I was trying:

I am updating a web page that looks like this:

http://www.sbst.org/team/news2007.html

Note that all the photos are the same width (and thus height is not important).  For this reason, the fit in box option does not work for me.

Regarding the naming of the file when saving a copy of the transmitted photo, what I am trying to do is ftp a copy of the cropped and resized photo to my server and a copy to my local directory.  I then edit the web page locally and ftp the page to the server.  For this to work, both copies of the image need to have the same name, but if I "FTP as" the same image more than once (e.g. when editing), the local copy file name gets the "A" appended to the filename.  This forces me to manually rename the file to synch is up with the server version.

Deven