Author Topic: Fotostation compatibility  (Read 2932 times)

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
Fotostation compatibility
« on: March 28, 2008, 03:14:32 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I have one question. We are integrating Fotoware solutions for our stock and I will use PM on-wards for my pictures. Does PM have full compatibility with Fotoware solutions regarding IPTC/XMP info. Can I change PM to use only the same fields I will be using in Fotostation/Fotoweb etc? If I change the IPTC in PM does it screw up (pardon my language) the info set in by Fotostation users - will there be problems?

Thanks,
Hilmar
Iceland

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Fotostation compatibility
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 07:03:18 AM »
Hilmar,

I have one question. We are integrating Fotoware solutions for our stock and I will use PM on-wards for my pictures. Does PM have full compatibility with Fotoware solutions regarding IPTC/XMP info. Can I change PM to use only the same fields I will be using in Fotostation/Fotoweb etc? If I change the IPTC in PM does it screw up (pardon my language) the info set in by Fotostation users - will there be problems?

We use standard IPTC and XMP captioning.  While we don't show or edit every possible field in IPTC and IPTC4XMP, we do preserve all fields present in those data structures.  I don't think there will be any problems.  You'll have to do your own tests to be certain.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 11:50:39 AM »
ok,

If we only use some of the fields (show only those we want to use) will it show the same way in PM or will PM show all fields. Those not used as well?

I am trying to say that we will only have some fields available and discard the rest. Can I set PM to act the same way?

-Hilmar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
Hilmar,

ok,

If we only use some of the fields (show only those we want to use) will it show the same way in PM or will PM show all fields. Those not used as well?

I am trying to say that we will only have some fields available and discard the rest. Can I set PM to act the same way?

In the IPTC dialogs, PM will show what it is capable of showing.  There is currently no customization of the layout or contents of the IPTC dialogs.

-Kirk