Author Topic: Display Quantity of Files on Card and Ingested  (Read 2353 times)

Offline joey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Display Quantity of Files on Card and Ingested
« on: April 09, 2008, 09:55:52 AM »
Hello,

I just downloaded a demo version to and am playing around with the ingestion. I don't know if this is more of a feature request or I am missing an option here?

For example when I insert a card in my reader in the ingestion window I see:

Maximum amount to transfer: 115.3 mb

Is there a way to view something to the effect of: 115.3 mb  10 Files

Also...

During ingesting in the ingestion tasks window I see "copying Image 003.CR2 to Xfolder"

Is there a way to view something to the effect of "copying image 10 of 25 to Xfolder"?

or

is there a way to view or confirm by seeing something like "25 images successfully ingested"?

I am new at this program so I apologize if I am missing something really obvious.....Perhaps I am too paranoid and should just trust the software is doing its thing....but when I put in a card I like to know how many images are on it and monitor that all the files were successfully transferred so I am 100% sure they are on my computer before I proceed to format my cards.

Thank you for your time!

Joey

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Display Quantity of Files on Card and Ingested
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 10:54:03 AM »
Joey,

I just downloaded a demo version to and am playing around with the ingestion. I don't know if this is more of a feature request or I am missing an option here?

For example when I insert a card in my reader in the ingestion window I see:

Maximum amount to transfer: 115.3 mb

Is there a way to view something to the effect of: 115.3 mb  10 Files

Also...

During ingesting in the ingestion tasks window I see "copying Image 003.CR2 to Xfolder"

Is there a way to view something to the effect of "copying image 10 of 25 to Xfolder"?

or

is there a way to view or confirm by seeing something like "25 images successfully ingested"?

I am new at this program so I apologize if I am missing something really obvious.....Perhaps I am too paranoid and should just trust the software is doing its thing....but when I put in a card I like to know how many images are on it and monitor that all the files were successfully transferred so I am 100% sure they are on my computer before I proceed to format my cards.

There is no option that you can set that will do what you're after.  We would have to add those features.

Ingest will let you know if there were any problems ingesting any of your files.  It does this with an error log and by changing the color of the Ingest progress item to red

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Display Quantity of Files on Card and Ingested
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 06:16:38 AM »
Just to add this one to the wish list for a future version: I too would like to see the number of files ingested :)

Perhaps you could go even a bit further and also add the name of the last file ingested (in a way, this would help solve the problem another poster had when ingesting multiple cards, not being sure if he missed one)

Cheers,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl