Author Topic: How to view (and sort) by PM labels in Bridge  (Read 4189 times)

Offline rschnell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to view (and sort) by PM labels in Bridge
« on: July 23, 2008, 06:05:47 AM »
Hope I can find help here, but I am trying to see how to view color labels from PM in Bridge, so that I can sort images in Bridge.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to view (and sort) by PM labels in Bridge
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 06:16:35 AM »
Hope I can find help here, but I am trying to see how to view color labels from PM in Bridge, so that I can sort images in Bridge.

Give Photo Mechanic the same label names and colors (Preferences->General), make sure you set soft-edits (Tag, Rating and Color Class) to be put into IPTC/XMP (Preferences-Files), and have PM use XMP metadata (Preferences->IPTC/XMP).

You didn't mention what file types you're working with, but if they're RAW files, do not embed XMP into them if you're going to use Adobe products, use XMP sidecar files.

That's the quick tour.  Let me know if you would prefer screenshots and if so which OS you're running Photo Mechanic on.

-Kirk

Offline rschnell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 06:41:28 AM »
Krk,

Thanks. I may need the screen shots if you don't mind. I spoke with Bob (From Camera Bits) yesterday, but may have got some things wrong. I am talking about RAW files and am using XP. I have set the color labels the same as Bridge, but am not seeing the labels in Bridge, so I missed something.

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 07:48:50 AM »
Thanks. I may need the screen shots if you don't mind. I spoke with Bob (From Camera Bits) yesterday, but may have got some things wrong. I am talking about RAW files and am using XP. I have set the color labels the same as Bridge, but am not seeing the labels in Bridge, so I missed something.

Here you go:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rschnell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 12:34:05 PM »
Thanks Kirk, makes it much clearer. Last question: do I need to do anything in Bridge Preferences? Or will you know that?

Thanks again.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 01:01:59 PM »
Thanks Kirk, makes it much clearer. Last question: do I need to do anything in Bridge Preferences? Or will you know that?

You shouldn't need to make any changes in Bridge.

-Kirk