Author Topic: ghosting info panes  (Read 7078 times)

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
ghosting info panes
« on: September 17, 2008, 08:03:19 PM »
I get a ghosting info panel on my contact sheet sometimes... I cant figure out what causes it... and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.   
It was happening on my Mac osx 10.4, and I just upgraded to leopard and it still does it.

Not a huge annoyance... but I thought I should post it. 

On the attached screen shot, the panel on the right is the ghost from another contact sheet... the one on the left is active, and refers to the  image under the mouse pointer.

The only way I know of to clear it is to shut down PM and restart.

Ron

Using  4.5.3.2.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:08:17 PM by ron_hiner »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: ghosting info panes
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »
Ron,

I get a ghosting info panel on my contact sheet sometimes... I cant figure out what causes it... and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.   
It was happening on my Mac osx 10.4, and I just upgraded to leopard and it still does it.

Not a huge annoyance... but I thought I should post it. 

On the attached screen shot, the panel on the right is the ghost from another contact sheet... the one on the left is active, and refers to the  image under the mouse pointer.

The only way I know of to clear it is to shut down PM and restart.

Using  4.5.3.2.

If you ever do come up with a set of steps to reproduce the problem, then please do let me know.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 09:41:08 AM »
no new news to report here... I still get ghosting just exactly like above. .  I'm on OS x 10.5.8 running PM 4.6.1

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 12:15:15 PM »
Kirk,

Just to let you know, I too get ghosting sometimes. But I haven't found a way to reproduce it consistently. I think switching to another application has got to do something with it, but I'm not sure...

The cure is relatively simple: find the contact sheet that causes the ghosting (it can be another one from the one showing) and close it; the ghost panes are gone!

I'll let you know if I found a way to consistently reproduce this problem.

Cheers,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »
Hayo,

Just to let you know, I too get ghosting sometimes. But I haven't found a way to reproduce it consistently. I think switching to another application has got to do something with it, but I'm not sure...

The cure is relatively simple: find the contact sheet that causes the ghosting (it can be another one from the one showing) and close it; the ghost panes are gone!

I'll let you know if I found a way to consistently reproduce this problem.

Yes, please do.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 12:01:04 PM »
Right!  After playing around a bit, I found at least one way of getting ghost panes.

Have a contact sheet open and have the mouse hover an image so that the info pane shows. Now open a new contact sheet with the info pane still showing (e.g. with CMD-N). The info pane still shows, even if you change the content of it. You can repeat the same procedure to get multiple ghost panes.

I hope this helps you in finding a cure for it  ;D

Cheers,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 01:00:12 PM »
Hayo,

Right!  After playing around a bit, I found at least one way of getting ghost panes.

Have a contact sheet open and have the mouse hover an image so that the info pane shows. Now open a new contact sheet with the info pane still showing (e.g. with CMD-N). The info pane still shows, even if you change the content of it. You can repeat the same procedure to get multiple ghost panes.

I hope this helps you in finding a cure for it  ;D

Thanks.  I'm able to reproduce it now.

-Kirk