Author Topic: Ingest errors (suddenly) on iMac  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Ken Wyatt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest errors (suddenly) on iMac
« on: September 22, 2008, 04:55:44 PM »
For some reason, I'm suddenly getting the following errors on ingest (see screen shot). This has been occurring just the last three days. Before that, it has worked flawlessly. I don't recall changing anything on the iMac, other than going through a routine system software upgrade. I'm using PM 4.5.3.2.

I'm using the following equipment: iMac G5 20" (OSX 10.4.11), 1.5 GB RAM. I've tried two different card readers (Lexar USB 2.0 Multi-Card Reader and Belkin USB 2.0 Multicard Reader & Writer) and have tried plugging them into other USB ports.

I've always reformat the cards in camera (Canon 5D) - cards are Lexar 2GB 80X.

NOTE: The card reader displays the card as a drive OK on the desktop and double-clicking on the icon displays all the images OK. I also tried ingesting the images directly from a folder where I had copied all the images, with the same error results.

I also have a Macbook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core Duo with 4GB RAM running OSX 10.4.11 and PM 4.5.3.2, which ingests all images correctly. I've tried both card readers.

So, I've eliminated both card readers, the memory card and PM software version. Could the PM software on the iMac be corrupted?

Thanks in advance! Ken

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest errors (suddenly) on iMac
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 06:26:31 PM »
Ken,

For some reason, I'm suddenly getting the following errors on ingest (see screen shot). This has been occurring just the last three days. Before that, it has worked flawlessly. I don't recall changing anything on the iMac, other than going through a routine system software upgrade. I'm using PM 4.5.3.2.

I'm using the following equipment: iMac G5 20" (OSX 10.4.11), 1.5 GB RAM. I've tried two different card readers (Lexar USB 2.0 Multi-Card Reader and Belkin USB 2.0 Multicard Reader & Writer) and have tried plugging them into other USB ports.

I've always reformat the cards in camera (Canon 5D) - cards are Lexar 2GB 80X.

NOTE: The card reader displays the card as a drive OK on the desktop and double-clicking on the icon displays all the images OK. I also tried ingesting the images directly from a folder where I had copied all the images, with the same error results.

I also have a Macbook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core Duo with 4GB RAM running OSX 10.4.11 and PM 4.5.3.2, which ingests all images correctly. I've tried both card readers.

So, I've eliminated both card readers, the memory card and PM software version. Could the PM software on the iMac be corrupted?

I doubt it.  Please contact our support folks directly at 503-547-2888 and they should be able to troubleshoot this issue with you over the phone.

-Kirk

Offline Ken Wyatt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Ingest errors (suddenly) on iMac
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 07:05:59 PM »
Thanks, will do...