Author Topic: Caption problem  (Read 2453 times)

Offline bdemay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Caption problem
« on: September 25, 2008, 09:46:08 AM »
Running latest version of PM 4.5.3.2 on Mac - Leopard with 2 GB ram - also using application defaults for ITPC/XMP. Here's the issue - user applies a batch caption to photos and after editing photo in PS CS3 uses PM to do a final edit on caption and saves everything. Captions appear correctly in PM browser, on proofs and in CS3. Photos are later sent to archive and archive reverts to the batch caption in the browser display. This is Save Media client by the way. If the photo is downloaded from the archive the final edited caption is there its just not displaying properly. Gets even stranger - if you search for info included in the final edited version of the caption, which is not displayed the photo is found in the search. Not being sure where the problem lies - any advice?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Caption problem
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:20:25 AM »
Running latest version of PM 4.5.3.2 on Mac - Leopard with 2 GB ram - also using application defaults for ITPC/XMP. Here's the issue - user applies a batch caption to photos and after editing photo in PS CS3 uses PM to do a final edit on caption and saves everything. Captions appear correctly in PM browser, on proofs and in CS3. Photos are later sent to archive and archive reverts to the batch caption in the browser display. This is Save Media client by the way. If the photo is downloaded from the archive the final edited caption is there its just not displaying properly. Gets even stranger - if you search for info included in the final edited version of the caption, which is not displayed the photo is found in the search. Not being sure where the problem lies - any advice?

Are you saving both IPTC and XMP?  Does "Save Media client" use IPTC, XMP or EXIF (description tags)?  It may be that somewhere in your tool set something isn't keeping everything in sync.  If you'd like to send me a sample photo for investigation then contact me privately by clicking on my name to the left of this message.  Then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk