Author Topic: Navigator/Favorites state not saving  (Read 2215 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Navigator/Favorites state not saving
« on: October 07, 2008, 05:04:38 PM »
Running 4.5.3.2 on Mac OS X Leopard, the navigator / favourites state (open/closed,how much) doesn't save between PM sessions. Sorry, couldn't try the Beta yet. In effect, when I maximize the navigator and so hide the favourites half of the tree pane, next time I start PM, it reverts back to 1/4 showing favourites, 3/4 showing navigator. Just a minor annoyance, nothing serious ;-) But you might want to look into it for the final release or 4.6. Sorry if this is already corrected in the new Beta, couldn't test it here as I work currently on some pretty important work to me and not dare a beta alongside the current release (btw, can they coexist well on OS X - if I just rename the Photomechanic.app to PhotomechanicBeta.app ?)

Thanks, Frantisek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Navigator/Favorites state not saving
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:09:19 PM »
Frantisek,

Running 4.5.3.2 on Mac OS X Leopard, the navigator / favourites state (open/closed,how much) doesn't save between PM sessions. Sorry, couldn't try the Beta yet. In effect, when I maximize the navigator and so hide the favourites half of the tree pane, next time I start PM, it reverts back to 1/4 showing favourites, 3/4 showing navigator. Just a minor annoyance, nothing serious ;-) But you might want to look into it for the final release or 4.6. Sorry if this is already corrected in the new Beta, couldn't test it here as I work currently on some pretty important work to me and not dare a beta alongside the current release (btw, can they coexist well on OS X - if I just rename the Photomechanic.app to PhotomechanicBeta.app ?)

It never has endeavored to save the collapsed state of the two panes.

And yes, you can have multiple versions of Photo Mechanic on your Mac at the same time and can rename them as you described.

-Kirk