Author Topic: Problem with Error Reports  (Read 3249 times)

Offline CLOSEUP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problem with Error Reports
« on: November 01, 2008, 10:47:57 AM »
Good afternoon:

Hi, I am using Windows XP SP3 with Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.2. I have 4GB of RAM.

Although I don't have crashes very often when I do, Outlook states that the address wincrashlogs@camerabits.com is not valid.

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'Camera Bits Support' on 10/31/2008 8:35 AM
            None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.

Has this error been reported previously?

Attached is my error log.
Thanks,

Mark

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 10:50:02 AM by CLOSEUP »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem with Error Reports
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 11:57:59 AM »
Mark

Hi, I am using Windows XP SP3 with Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.2. I have 4GB of RAM.

Although I don't have crashes very often when I do, Outlook states that the address wincrashlogs@camerabits.com is not valid.

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'Camera Bits Support' on 10/31/2008 8:35 AM
            None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.

Has this error been reported previously?

Attached is my error log.

I get crash reports at that email address often enough to know that it is valid and in working condition.

What helps most is to have a set of reproducible instructions that helps us get the problem to occur on our end.  Please if you can, reply to this message with the steps needed to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline CLOSEUP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 06:32:52 PM »
Kirk:

I am assuming you are referencing the actual error rather than the email error. I did try cutting and pasting in the wincrashlogs address and it was returned.

Recently PM has been issuing this error when I shutdown the application but I have not be able to determine the steps to consistently achieve the failure. If you have any specific troubleshooting steps I would be happy to try them.

Thank you,

Mark

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 09:06:25 PM »
Mark,

I am assuming you are referencing the actual error rather than the email error. I did try cutting and pasting in the wincrashlogs address and it was returned.

I don't know why you're getting it returned.  I just sent an email from my personal account and received it back at wincrashlogs@camerabits.com within minutes.  I guess your email server just doesn't like our domain name or something.

Quote from: CLOSEUP
Recently PM has been issuing this error when I shutdown the application but I have not be able to determine the steps to consistently achieve the failure. If you have any specific troubleshooting steps I would be happy to try them.

I have no tips to offer you.  You'll just have to keep track of what parts of the program you used and see if you can get the crash to happen on exit.  Please try the 4.5.4 beta and see if it fixes things for you.

-Kirk